Prevent water damage when you are on vacation
Mold growth from water damage that occurred when occupant was on vacation.
Coming home from your summer vacation to find your house flooded from top to bottom? Is something that is common in the summertime.
SERVPRO of Walnut receives many of these losses, including this home that suffered a water loss in Chino Hills, CA. At the beginning of August the homeowner came back from her 2 week vacation to find her kitchen, living room, family room, and bathroom submerged in 2 inches of water. SERVPRO quickly responded and started mitigating the damages, but since the home was vacant for a long period of time, mold grew throughout the affected areas. This caused a longer mitigation period and a more stressful situation for the homeowner.
How do you prevent this from happening to your home?
- Turn off the main water line before you leave your home for an extended period of time.
- Check for loose pipes, faucets and supply lines and check for signs of leakage.
- Have a trusted friend or relative come by your home periodically to make sure everything is normal.
Contact SERVPRO of Walnut for all your cleaning and restoration needs! (909) 598-8400.
Is Your Business Affected by Water Damage? SERVPRO of Walnut can help!
Water damage can attack your commercial property without notice. Moreover, the impact of water damage can be dangerous and devastating. On top of that, business owners who experience water damage are faced with the task of arranging water removal and cleanup procedures while simultaneously expediting the process of getting their company up and running again. With all of these pressures, many business owners may find themselves growing concerned in the face of commercial water damage. However, knowing how to prevent water damage and restore property and business items that have been affected, makes good business sense. Here is some following information that may help better prepare your business if water damage may occur.
Commercial Water Damage can transpire at any moment, and it can result from a wide range of factors. This may include:
- Natural Disasters- Rain or flood storms
- Leaking Roofs- Poorly sealed window or door casings
- Frozen Pipes- Ice dams
- Flooding- Usually requires a specific insurance policy.
- Sewage Backups- From main or interior plumbing problem.
From clear potable water from a tap to backup sewage contaminated water, the source must be identified, stopped. Then safe water extraction.
Commercial Water Damage Prevention and Mitigation Strategies:First, know the location of the main water shut off valve. Also, make sure that you have an emergency evacuation plan in place, personal safety first. This emergency plan should include clear instructions regarding what steps should be taken if a water damage incident take place.
The Importance of Hiring Professional Services:Although you may feel inclined to handle the water extraction and cleanup processes on your own, a professional effort will shorten your down time, salvage more capital investments, and protect your customers and clients interests and needs. In fact, most business owners lack the advanced knowledge and specialized equipment necessary to expedite and optimize the water damage remediation process. Skilled professionals from SERVPRO will be able to provide you with detail-oriented, comprehensive services that get your property restored in the least amount of time.
If you’re commercial property is affected by water damage call SERVPRO of Walnut (909) 598-8400, so your business can be assisted right away.
Ways to Keep Your Commercial Property from Fire Damage
A fire, whether in a commercial or residential property is often the most devastating reality that a property owner will have to oversee. In addition to wreaking havoc on your property, fires can force you to relocate temporarily so you can maintain running your business while the restoration process is completed. However, property owners who access and implement high-quality safety practices can avoid the devastation and deconstruction that results from most commercial or residential property. Below is a brief outline that will provide some learning techniques to protect your property.
- Install Automatic Fire Sprinklers:As many authorities know, having an automatic fire sprinkler in your property can reduce the risk of a fire up to 71%. Additionally, sprinklers can up your insurance premium. To keep your sprinkler in excellent condition, be sure that it is not blocked by dirt or paint. Also, be sure to inspect the main control valve regularly so that it is not left off. Finally, be sure that you take the precautions necessary to prevent the pipe from freezing.
- Conduct Fire Emergency Training:Each of your employees should undergo Fire Safety Training. The training can help prevent your staff members from being victimized.
Here are a few subjects that should be covered in the emergency training:
- Hazard Recognition: Keep all combustible chemicals and materials away from heat-generating and electrical equipment.
- Prevention: Inspect your power sources regularly and don't overload you extension cords and outlets.
- Response: Teach your employees how to respond when a fire breaks out. Some subjects that should be covered include how to perform an organized evacuation, operate the fire extinguisher, and set the fire alarm.
Other issues that should be involved in the training include:
-Breathing Apparatus Training
-Fire Extinguisher Training
-Confined Space Entry Training
-Fire Aid Training
Be sure to also have your employee team officials undergo the following Fire Emergency response training:
-Fire Safety Officer Training
-Fire Safety Adviser Training
-Chief and Deputy Chief Warden Training
-Emergency Control Organization Warden Training
-Spill Response Training
-Lay Flat Hose Training
SERVPRO Steps to Restore your Fire Damaged Home!
A severe situation is given with any fire damage residential or commercial property. If you try to complete the remediation process on your own, you will often expose yourself to health and safety hazards that may lead to injury. For these reasons and more, call a professional fire damage restoration team like SERVPRO of Walnut is the most prudent course of action when disaster strikes you residential property. Learn more about how remediation experts can assist you with the property restoration process with some informative steps below:
- Fire Damage Remediation Techniques:There are many factors and services involved to restore your property following a fire. Some are drying the property, cleaning the HVAC system, rebuilding the damaged structures of the property, and removing non-salvageable goods.
- Drying Your Home or Property following a fire is important:Typically, firefighters perform extinguishing work that leaves excessive water in your living space. This standing and hidden water creates the perfect breeding ground for mold if left unattended. To prevent a mold infestation which usually starts within 48-72 hours after water intrusion, SERVPRO of Walnut will extract volumes of water using powerful pumps, and wet vacs. Now additional drying and moisture removal can begin using specialized equipment like air-moving machines and dehumidifiers.
- HVAC System:Residual particulates from a house fire coat the coils and filters of HVAC systems with debris and soot. Soot is not smoke, but an oily by-product of partially com-busted materials like plastics and vinyl. The duct work must also be cleaned and deodorized. Special techniques, along with IICRC and corporate training enable our technicians to complete successfully this wipe down and clean up stage. If this process is done properly, staining, painting, and replacement of drywall and ceilings are minimized, along with your costs.
- Structural Repair:When fire damage has comprised structural materials such as trusses, floor joists, drywall, and the electrical or plumbing systems, then the affected areas may have to be replaced. When feasible, repair is done before replacement. Our fire damage restoration experts can complete this work, or we can work and instruct your building contractors on your behalf.
- Removing Non-Salvageable Materials:SERVPRO of Walnut utilizes a corporate level developed technology called contents claim inventory service (CCIS) that inventories all household content. Categorizing of these items is then made as salvageable, non-salvageable, or questionable. The CCIS benefits you regarding the claims process with you insurance adjuster. We will help and cooperate with your approval. Fire damaged items beyond repair must be disposed of properly. If not, these items could contaminate other areas of the property.
If a Fire Damage or Water Damage has happened at your residential or commercial property Call SERVPRO of Walnut (909) 598-8400 to assist you right away!
Smoke and Soot Cleanup Facts
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can seep through various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action. Below are some smoke and soot facts along with different types of smoke.
Smoke and Soot Facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke:
There are different types of smoke, wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Walnut will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.
- Wet Smoke/ Plastic and Rubber: Low heat, smothering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke/ Paper and Wood: Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue/ Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire: Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect your property with care.
After a Fire Occurs?
What to do after a fire:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator, prop open doors.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT to do after a fire:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces, shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Water Damage in Commercial Insurance Agency (La Puente, CA)
Do you have an emergency plan in place for your business in case disaster strikes?
SERVPRO of Walnut was called out to an insurance agency in the city if La Puente, CA to assist with a water main break that flooded all of their offices and damaged many of their files.
Did you know about 50% of businesses never open after a disaster? Having back-up storage for important documents is a great way to prepare your business or incidents like this.
Another way to prepare is to have an Emergency Profile put together for your business with photos, insurance information, emergency contact information, shut-off locations, etc. Don't have the time or money to put one together? No problem! SERVPRO of Walnut can provide you with one for your business for free! Just contact (909) 598-8400.
Water can travel UP drywall!
After a slab leak in this home in Walnut two weeks ago water wicked up drywall 2-3ft!
When water damage occurs in your home or business sometimes it is difficult to recognize where the water has traveled to.
Have you seen those paper towel commercials on television that show how much liquid it can soak up?
- Drywall is similar to paper towels. It may not soak up moisture as quickly as paper towels do, but over a period of time you will notice that water can wick up the drywall fairly high after water has touched the bottom of the drywall.
- SERVPRO of Walnut has the equipment to detect where the moisture has traveled that you may not be able to see or feel after water damage. For example walls, Floors, cabinetry. It is critical to accurately find where water has traveled to avoid any secondary damages such as mold.
If you have Water Damage concerns, Contact SERVPRO of Walnut to schedule your free moisture inspection! (909) 598-8400.
The Do's and Don’ts after a Flooding occurs
In the Occurrence of a Flood:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Do not leave wet fabrics in place, Hang furs and leather goods.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Do not use your house hold vacuum to remove water.
- Do not use the television or other household appliances.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
For more information visit: http://www.SERVPROwalnut.com/
The Unnoticed Water
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time.
The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. SERVPRO of Walnut has the equipment, training and experience to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages occur. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a fire or water loss. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. SERVPRO of Walnut will answer your call with rapid action and a full arsenal of drying equipment. Here are a few of the tools we use.
- Moisture Sensors: are used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture Meters: are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. The moisture tester provides accurate readings, allowing SERVPRO of Walnut to monitor the drying process.
- Thermo Hygrometers: measure temperature and relative humidity. When armed with this information, we can calculate and create an environment most conductive to drying. When facing a contaminated water loss, it is not only important to dry the structure, but the structure must also be disinfected and often deodorized.
- Ultra Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers: will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate.
- Thermal Foggers: dispense solvent-based products by creating a dense fog. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that attach to and neutralize odor-causing particles.