-Scoping involves locating the areas of the structure affected by water and defining the extent to which the structure and contents have absorbed moisture. Moisture detection devices are also used to verify that an environment has been dried.
- Moisture sensors- are used to detect moisture in carpets, baseboards and walls.
- Moisture meters- are used to determine the actual moisture content of various materials. the moisture tester provides accurate moisture readings that enable the SERVPRO franchise professional to monitor the drying process.
- Thermohygrometers- measure both temperature and relative humidity. Capturing these two readings, a SERVPRO Franchise professional using a Psychometric chart can calculate specific humidity, dew point and vapor pressure.
- the most effective method of removing moisture from a structure is extraction. this is why it is critical to respond quickly, the environment can usually be dried much faster.
- Extractors- are used in cleaning carpets and upholstery and in removing water from floors following a water damage. Extractors can either be truck-mounted or portable, allowing for greater access inside structures.