Commercial Water Loss: steps into minimizing your risk of loss
This year commercial water losses have been a huge issue. SERVPRO of Walnut assisted numerous businesses with a variety of water related losses summed up in the following categories...
5 Common Causes of Commercial Water Damage
- Broken or damaged pipes.
- Window or roof leaks.
- Sewage backup.
- Sprinkler malfunctions.
- Storms and flooding.
Understanding your property layout can help reduce the potential for loss as well as minimize the loss itself when/if it occurs.
Here are a few tips to help a business owner prevent water damage:
How to Prevent Commercial Water Damage
- Know your property. Be aware of potential problems in your building. Has it experienced water damage before? What caused it?
- Regularly inspect plumbing. Consider having a professional conduct regular maintenance on the plumbing system in your property.
- Have an emergency plan. Have a plan laid out for each possibly disaster scenario that includes the location of water shut-offs.
- Stay on top of repairs and upgrades. When things are outdated or break that could potentially cause a water problem, fix or replace them right away.
- Keep your gutters clean. Make sure there are no blockages preventing water from properly draining away from the building.
SERVPRO of Walnut is also here to help. Take advantage of our free Emergency Ready Profile and we will help compile the necessary information in the event of any disaster.
If disaster strikes, call the team that's faster to any disaster! (909) 598-8400