If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (909) 598-8400

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Does Your Movie Theater Curtains Have Mold?

5/8/2017 (Permalink)

The local theater scene depends on clever deception to keep things interesting. Unfortunately, the curtains and swags that keep audiences guessing can also hide the dampness that feeds mold damage. SERVPRO of Walnut technicians can seek out the hidden sources of water that support fungal growth in every corner of a performance venue. 

When a horror or comedy lover lines up to enjoy a showing, Mold Damage can really take away from a theater experience. A musty smell and creeping stains across walls indicate mold has taken hold in your theater. Managing this mold infestation requires the professional skills of our trained and experienced technicians. Because the area is large, there may be more than one source of water feeding the fungus. The organic materials the microbes can grow on many and varied in the theater, Curtains, costumes, and sets are just a few of many items that can support mold colonies. 

Ceilings are high in a theater, and the mold up near that leak in the roof may have been growing for some time, unseen because the areas are in darkness or covered. These difficulties will not deter SERVPRO of Walnut crews. The training received by all our mold remediation specialists is through a complete education in the ways of mold and how it spreads and grows. Our project managers will design a plan that finds, contains, and removes all active mold colonies, sometimes requiring that materials that cannot be cleaned be discarded. Any leaks in the roof, heating or cooling systems or plumbing must be repaired to curtail the growth of new microbial colonies. Our goal will be to bring the microbial activity down to an acceptable level, as it can never be completely eradicated. 

If your theater is showing signs of possible mold damage call SERVPRO of Walnut (909) 598-8400.

Other News

View Recent Posts