Preventing Fires This Summer
Summer is slowly approaching and with that comes fire season for Southern California. However, cooking and heating are the top two leading causes for house fires. What can we do to prevent house fires?
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and outside bedrooms.
- Test your smoke alarms every month and change out the batteries if they aren't working
- Stay in the kitchen when cooking, or by the grill when grilling.
- Turn off your ovens and keep the surrounding areas clear of clutter.
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet from fireplaces, heaters, etc.
- Unplug or turn off heaters when you aren't in the room.
- Have your heating systems and chimney’s regularly inspected.
Be safe this summer and protect yourself and your home from fire damage with these simple prevention tips.